- Which of the following fruits has a weight that is closest to one newton?
|McIntosh apple (151.3 g)
||Red delicious apple (216.4 g)
||Cavendish banana (160.0 g)
|Valencia orange (178.0 g)
||Tangerine (96.7 g)
||Tomato (152.8 g)
|Large chicken egg (65.9 g)
- A problem for Americans only. Verify the rule of thumb that one newton is approximately equal to a quarter pound.
- Write something different.
- Write something completely different.
- What is your weight in newtons on the surface of the Earth?
- Two related problems of greatly unequal difficulty.
- A problem for the citizens of every nation. For what acceleration due to gravity (in meter per second squared) would weight (in newtons) and mass (in kilograms) have the same numerical value?
- A problem only for the citizens of the United States. For what acceleration due to gravity (in meter per second squared) would weight (in newtons) and mass (in pounds) have the same numerical value?