- Write something.
- Write something else.
- Graph the following Fourier series with enough detail that you can determine basic shape of each wave.
y = sin x + 13 sin 3x + 15 sin 5x + 17 sin 7x +…
y = ∑ 1 sin(2n − 1)x 2n − 1
y = sin x − 12 sin 2x + 13 sin 3x − 14 sin 4x +…
y = ∑ (− 1)n +1 sin nx n
y = cos x + 19 cos 3x + 125 cos 5x + 149 cos 7x +…
y = ∑ 1 cos(2n − 1)x (2n − 1)2
- Write something completely different.
- Walking involves the coordinated periodic motion of various parts of your body. Identify the parts of your body that are moving…
- in phase with each other
- out of phase with each other
- Graph the superposition of two sine curves with slightly different frequencies.
y = sin(1.00 x) + sin(1.10 x) xmin = 0 radians xmax = 100~200 radians y = sin(1.00 x) + sin(1.01 x) xmin = 0 radians xmax = 1000~2000 radians
These unusually shaped wave pulses are heading towards each other in a medium whose wave speed is one grid unit per second. Draw the resulting shape of the medium one, two, three, and four seconds later.