- Write something.
- Write something else.
- Write something different.
- Write something completely different.
- Explain why blood corpuscles tend to flow down the center of blood vessels and not along the edges. (Do not ignore viscosity.)
- A 15 cm radius air duct is used to replenish the air of a room 10 m × 6.0 m × 3.0 m every 10 minutes. Determine the following quantities inside the duct (assuming there are no significant changes in the density of the air entering or exiting the duct)…
- the volume flow rate in m3/s?
- the mass flow rate in kg/s?
- the speed of the air in m/s?
- If the wind blows at 25 m/s over a house, what is the net force on an 8×20 m roof?
- Water at a pressure of 3.3 atm at street level flows into an office building at a speed of 0.50 m/s through a pipe 5.0 cm in diameter. The pipe tapers down to 2.5 cm diameter by the top floor, 25 m above. Calculate the flow velocity and pressure in this pipe on the top floor.
- Blood exits the heart at 30 cm/s. By the time it reaches the capillaries, it's slowed to 1 mm/s.
- If the cross sectional area of the aorta is 3 cm2, what is the total cross sectional area of the capillaries?
- If the cross sectional area of the superior and inferior vena cavas is 18 cm2, what is the speed of the blood returning to the heart?
- A hypodermic syringe filled with normal saline solution has an inner barrel diameter of 10.4 mm and an inner needle diameter of 0.260 mm.
- How fast does the saline solution exit the needle orifice if the plunger moves at 1 mm/s?
- What pressure at the plunger head is needed to overcome an intravenous pressure of 1.9 kPa (14 torr)?
- What minimum force should be applied to the thumb rest?