Science caught in the Web 2010-02-20
posted Saturday, 20 February 2010
Science caught in the Web 2010-01-23
posted Saturday, 23 January 2010
- climate change
- Andreas Bick, Silent Listening
- newton’s apple
- Memoir of Sir Isaac Newton’s Life, William Stukeley, 1752
- John Conduitt’s Account of Newton’s Life at Cambridge, c. 1727-8, Newton Papers Project, University of Sussex
- The Pitt Estate, British History Online. A lengthy article about the neighborhood where Newton spent the last two years of his life. Excerpted from Survey of London: volume 37, edited by F.H.W. Sheppard (1973).
- Newton Court, Kensington, London on Google Maps. Newton lived on this block from 1725 to his death in 1727 and told the story of the apple to his biographer William Stukeley near a grove of apple trees in this general area.