Interference & Superposition
- Objects made of matter
- are material, tangible, corporeal, and definite
- cannot occupy the same place at the same time
- exchange energy and momentum during collisions
- are immaterial, intangible, incorporeal, and indefinite
- can occupy the same place at the same time
- pass through each other without effect
- Principle of Linear Superposition
- When waves occupy the same place at the same time they interfere or superpose.
- The resulting disturbance is the sum of the individual disturbances at every point in space and time.