- When objects interact…
- energy can change form (energy transduction)
- energy can be transferred (energy transfer)
- Conservation of Energy
- A decrease in one form of energy will result in an increase in another form of energy of equal magnitude.
ΔE1 = −ΔE2
- The total energy of a closed system is a constant.
∑E = ∑E0 = constant
- Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
- The law of conservation of energy has some advantages in solving certain problems.
- It does not care about the mechanism or cause of the energy transformation or transfer.
- It does not care about the time it takes for energy to change form or location.